Monday, January 18, 2010

Seperation of Light From Darkness




"Shine your light and let the whole world see....." I sang as I drove my Ford Focus home after church services. At that same moment thoughts of worry, fret and doubt filled my mind saying, "Jessica, how can you shine your light when you are losing your house, you have no money, no insurance, and are filing for bankruptcy?"


I continued singing, "Saviour, He can move the mountains, My God is Mighty to save,He is Mighty to save." And again I heard, "Really? You know what is really going on here, you are going to be homeless too."


I ignored those thoughts and sang, "Forever, Author of salvation,He rose and conquered the grave,Jesus conquered the grave." I had enough and I rebuked the enemy, "You have no right to accuse God of not being enough for me. I break doubt, fear, and the attack of the enemy off my mind, heart, soul, and family. Be gone in Jesus name!"


Finishing the song as I pulled into my driveway..."So take me as You find me,All my fears and failures,Fill my life again.I give my life to follow Everything I believe in, Now I surrender. Shine your light and let the whole world see,We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus "


There are times in our life when what we are living in doesn't match up to the promises and vision God has placed on our life. The facts of life do not match the faith of our promised land. The enemy finds the weak or doubt filled places, speaks a lie and waits to see of we agree with it or throw it out.


The facts in my life says I am poor and without money. The word of God declares that I am seated with Him in heavenly places and everything I need I can ask of the Father and it shall be given to me as I seek Him first. The fact says I will not have a house, but the Word of God says I am the house of the Lord, the temple of the Holy Spirit. Facts say that everything is against me, but the Word of God says that no weapon formed against me will prosper.


God is showing me how He separates light from darkness. With His Word! In the beginning God created light...the sun? No, light to break the darkness away, divide, and to bring into order areas of confusion. God wants to show you and I that we have the same power to speak light and darkness, to bring clarity to our situation, and future. I speak the written word of God, I speak His promises for my future, and battle in worship not to survive, but tell the enemy he has already been defeated.


We fight from the place of victory. In worship, in prayer, in fasting...and as occupying troops we fight the enemy off the land that is already ours!!! We separate the light from the darkness, as God gives us this new revelation of who we are, where we are standing, and why the battle has already been won!


So I agree with what God says over my life and will leave this last scripture with you to think and pray on:


Hebrews 4:12 (New King James Version)
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.


Blessings,


Jessica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful!

Gifts said...

Great posting with so much research and understanding. You have a real talent for this!