Friday, January 30, 2009
Today at 10.17am CST.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?Grandpa Jessie and Grandma Jean..thus, Jessica Jean Johnson (now Smith).
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes but I have to say I like typing a lot better.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. What are thinking right now?
What we are going to eat for my supervisor's birthday lunch.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope-I own shoes you don't have to tie! Hehehehe
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Strawberry Cream Cheese!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
Pink when I feel girly, Red when I feel empowered! 8)
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My desire to know everything that will go on in the future..maybe its a control issue!?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Depends where I am at the time. Right now, my blogging friends!!
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Sure if they want to.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Light brown pants, black heels
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My boss drinking a diet-coke and eating chips!
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
22. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU DO IN THE MORNING?
Rub my eyes.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
my husband after a shower
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?I think she’s an amazing person and I am blessed to call her my friend!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
College Football and Basketball
27. HAIR COLOR?
Red with blond highlights.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Mall Cop-Way too funny man!
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
White Dress Shirt with black vest.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer - I need a beach.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?Both
36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Commanding Your Morning by Cindy Trimm
37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
38. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE QUOTES?
A year from now you may wish you have started today.
39. WHY DO YOU WORK WHERE YOU WORK?
God brought this job into my life.
40. FAVORITE GUY NAME:
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Re-run of The Office.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
The waves of the ocean water crashing against the rocky banks and sand dunes.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I love to write!
46 WHERE WERE U BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
At Southwestern Christian University's Graduate School.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
“How am I supposed to grab my other suitcase?” Andy asked himself. Shaking his head he watched as the metal conveyor belt threw up cases as if it was hiccuping. “They need to be more careful with that stuff, who knows what may be inside those bags.” Impatient kids ran back and forth between their parent’s legs and others waited in expectation for loved ones picking them up.
“Andy, its you!” Came the cry of his frantic mom. Running up to her son, Martha couldn’t help but weep into his shoulder. He had been away for over two years, and it was about time for a family reunion. “Andy, I’ve missed you so much. I’m sorry we couldn’t make it to the hospital for your surgery. Dad didn’t get enough money in until it was too late.”
“No prob, mom, its all good.” He was tired of explaining what happened, he had no desire to retell his story, especially in the middle of on-looking curious eyes. Turning around, he saw that his dad had already gotten the other bag for him. No need to ask for help. As they were walking toward the exit, a large man with big arms, a bald head, and ear-rings ran after a baggage clerk.
“Come back here punk, you’re gonna get it!” Slipping back in forth in-between the pillars, the clerk ducked one last time before being hit in the head by a giant fist. Trevor Smith was a Viet-Nam Vet and was mighty proud of his son, but nothing prepared him for what he saw unfold before him.
“This is a hold-up, anyone who tries to stop me, will be blown to pieces.” Pulling back a black coat, big baldy revealed a box, duck taped to his body. Snickering, he picked up the blonde, young woman off the floor. “So, missy, let’s see how many people we can blow away before someone tries to be Mr. Hero?”
Crying, the clerk couldn’t stop swallowing her tears. “I…I, don’t wanna die.”
“Who said you were going to die first?”
“Let me go, you sicko.”
“All of you Americans are the same, selfish, pig-headed and ignore the poverty of other nations. It’s time to see who will ignore you!”
In hushed tones, Andy shared his plan with his parents. “Andy, there is no way I’m going stand here and let you do this to yourself.” his dad spoke in pain. “Dad, I love you, but what else is there? This has to be done.”
Without another word, Andy slid himself behind the circulating travel bags. Crouching, he slowly scooted himself behind the gun-man and jumped. Struggle broke out as the clerk jerked free, and Andy pounded into the neck he was holding. “Everyone, run for it! Evacuate the building now!!”
Andy’s mom pulled the fire alarm on the wall behind her and ran. Dozens of people scattered like rain pouring onto working ants. Once outside, Trevor Smith noticed that Andy hadn’t come out yet. Yelling his name over and over, no reply came. A sudden shake occurred and walls started to fall, plaster of pairs hitting people in the head, causing panic to arise once again.
“Andy, Andy!” Tears poured from both parent’s eyes as they watched in horror as the building fell on top of their beloved son.
several days later, as jets flew overhead, and bag-pipes sounded in the background, Andy Smith’s father finished his part:
“The home of the free and the home of the brave, my son, loved the U.S. and gave his life for those 125 people who escaped the wrath of that militant. Thank you Lord for giving us life.”
(Side Note: This IS NOT A REAL STORY-all images were used by permission.)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Yummy! It was very good! I have to admit!
From there we drove home, and the next day drove to see our friends Billy and Allison Autry. They attended the church we were pastoring a few years ago, and we haven't seen them in a while. I miss our late runs to McDonald's as we visited hospitals together!
We then drove to Wilmington, NC. In case you didn't know that is where they filmed Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill.
This is the bridge into Wilmington, NC. We were crossing the Inner Coastal Waterway. Beautiful!
This is Walt, Cheri's husband:
I know this picture is from a few months ago, but hey, it was a good one. This is Jessica Smith signing off until later. Stick around and check for Part to of the NC trip!
Monday, January 5, 2009
I am back from my travels for the Holidays. I might even have gained 5 pounds...but shhh! Please do not tell anyone, for it is my desire to lose weight this year! Hmmm...sounds like a great idea, but ideas are nothing unless followed, planned, and committed to!
I will be posting pictures of my travels by the end of this week along with a commentary of what we did and were we went to visit.
All in all, I had a great time, but I am very thankful to be back in my own bed! More on that later!!