Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Mountain Breaker


The last couple of days I have been battling a severe migraine. I could not eat, walk well, see, and hear. All these things made me dizzy and made my head, neck, and throat ache and throb.

It came upon me like a wave of water without any notice. Yesterday I went home sick with a throbbing neck and head. No matter how many pills I took to take away the pain, it still was there. Last night, as I tossed and turned, cried and worried, the Lord spoke to my heart, "Jessica, come spend some time with me." So I got up, tip-toed down stairs, trying not to wake my cute husband. I found a blanket, a bible, and a notebook. I started reading out of 1 Kings 19. Thoughts started coming to my heart and head, and as I wrote them down, I just felt God's Presence in the living room at 1 am in the morning. Why do I not make more of an effort to do this every day? As I continued to read out of the Psalms, the Lord spoke again and asked me to write down every worry and fret on a piece of paper. I wrote a long list. He then said to make another list of what I need in replace of that list. So for worry, I wrote peace, for stress, His Presence, etc. I then rebuked the old list, and spoke the newness of God over my life, family, etc.


After this encounter with God, my headache went away, my stress left, and His Presence is with me this very moment as I type theses words onto the screen. I have been so wrapped up in the worries and cares of my finances, husband, lack of money, lack of everything, that I was literally sick of it all.


God spoke and said for me to steward and care for what I have and that He would do the rest. Cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you and me. This is a daily thing!! So that is my focus right now..to care for what I have and better the weak areas with His strength and not my own.


I Kings 19:
9.
There he went into a cave and spent the night. And the word of the LORD came to him: "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
10.
He replied, "I have been very zealous for the LORD God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, broken down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too."
11.
The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.
12.
After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
13.
When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
14.
He replied, "I have been very zealous for the LORD God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, broken down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too."
15.
The LORD said to him, "Go back the way you came, and go to the Desert of Damascus. When you get there, anoint Hazael king over Aram.
16.
Also, anoint Jehu son of Nimshi king over Israel, and anoint Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel Meholah to succeed you as prophet.
17.
Jehu will put to death any who escape the sword of Hazael, and Elisha will put to death any who escape the sword of Jehu.
18.
Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel--all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and all whose mouths have not kissed him."


This is what the Holy Spirit spoke to me:


"You may feel that everyone around you is after you, trying to kill your seed, your family and all that you stand for. You may have heartache, the destroyer trying to take all that you are away form you. You may have walls of limitation around you, mountains of impossibility above you, and an army ready to kill all that you stand for.


But I am..

The Mountain Breaker

Fire Maker

Earth Shaker God!


I am not in the middle of the mountain, I am not in the wind, I am not the destroyer of your faith. I am with you as you walk through it. I am with you and I am tearing down the mountains of impossibility, I will tear down the walls of limitation, I will burn all that surrounds you, so you will hear my voice with clarity, know that you are not alone. You feel that you are alone, but I have others who are standing with you and you will find and bind with them in relationship.


I am the Mountain Breaker, Fire Maker, Earth Shaker, God!!!


I build up, I tear down, for you to see my Hand in Your life. I speak in the stillness and the openness of your heart. Watch and see the great things I will do!!! I will break mountains for you. I will part waters for you, I will stop the storm for you. Call on me and I will and do answer!"


I am trying not to cry and dance here at the same time. God is faithful and He is worthy to be praised! Never will a rock cry out in my place, for He is worthy of all my praise!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow DOUBLE WOW! What a strong prophetic word this morning! I am claiming this word over my life, my family, and my church!

Tara Sloan said...

Powerful stuff Jess! That will preach girl!