Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thirsty Thursday





So, I was dreaming last night that I kept drinking water over and over. I would get a 20 oz bottle, open it up, drink it down and throw it away. I did this about 8 times. And I was still thirsty. I woke this morning thirsty too. I drank a 20 oz of water, then got a Large Vanilla Iced Coffee from McDonald's. I love those things, yum,,. they are good and 3 dollars cheaper than Starbucks. No wonder they are still the leading fast food and beverage company in the U.S.A.


Needless to say, I am still thirsty sitting here typing these words. I do believe that there are times in our life that our soul is thirsty for the Word of God and it manifests into the natural. Call me crazy, but I know this is a way for me to know that there are some things that God wants to tell me, and that I am thirsty for. Remember in John 4, the women at the well who drew water for Jesus, and He told her:



10. Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
11. "Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?
12. Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?"
13. Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,
14. but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
15. The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water."

25. The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."
26. Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he."

(NIV)


We are in a season where we will harvest what we sow instantly. Now is the time, but we must water ourselves with His Word. What is God drawing you to? What is He saying to You? Are you listening??


Yes, I am still thirsty, but I am also going to be drawing from the deep well of Christ. Let God be your source, and nothing else, to fill you with His words of life.


Thirsting for Him,


~Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good lesson. I do thirst sometimes and nothing will quench it. We go through those dry times when we are out of his will. It is good to be reminded that only God can provide that satisfaction.